I figured I haven't done a meme in a bit and Berry's new one seemed pretty good plus it gives me a chance to take a pretty picture so here goes:
1. When and how did you discover Second Life? I discovered SL in 2009. I had read about it in a Dean Koontz book and then shortly after, I saw a True Life special on it so I decided to check it out.
2. Did you know about virtual worlds before or was this your first experience with them? No, this was the first virtual world I stumbled on. I was big on chat rooms before SL.
3. Has Second Life met your expectations? Yes, I just figured it would be something to do and some place I could meet some new people and it's been both of those things for me.
4. If you could teleport back to the first ten minutes of your avatar’s slife, what would you tell yourself? Just have fun and stay open.
5. How long did it take you to master avatar flying and driving vehicles inworld? Umm, I still haven't mastered them. I lag pretty horribly and am constantly crashing into things.
6. Do you have a mystery alt? Yes, I have a malt. Some of you know his name but mostly I use him to do things incognito.
7. Is your SL avatar a reflection of you, or someone you wished you could be? Someone I wished I could be. In RL, I'm not as outgoing. Due to self esteem issues, I tend to be antisocial. SL allows me to act a way that I only could in my imagination before.
8. Is there an individual you met in SL that inspired you in your RL? How? Yes, my oldest SL friend, Fox Post. He always keeps it real with me and tells me to embrace my RL instead of hiding on SL.
9. Do you feel it is easier to create stronger bonds/relationships with people you meet inworld as opposed to the real world? Yes, people don't judge as easily on SL I believe so you may wind up being friends on here with someone who'd never give you the time of day in RL.
10.Did you ever imagine or believe people could fall in love with someone they never met before Second Life? Yes, because I have fallen in love with someone I never met before I found SL. It's quite easy to fall in love with someone you spend countless hours talking to and building a connection with.
11. How has your perspective of dating changed (or not) since you started playing second life? Yes, people on SL don't have consciences sometimes in regards to dating. It's so easy to lie on here and I've experienced that so many times that it's skewed my trust in relationships both on SL and off.
12. How has your perspective of employment changed (or not) since you started playing second life? No, but that's probably because I'm unemployed on SL. I don't come online to make money, just have fun.
13. Name three things in both your lives that overlap each other significantly. Friendships, relationships when I'm in one, and emotions just in general.