This week we caught up with Ashley Rowe at her Queen West West studio/apartment. We had a lot to talk about with Rowe recently getting picked up by OWEN in NYC, opening the new Trinity Tuck Shop with Kealan Sullivan of Vintage 69 and swapping some hot gossip of course.
You may know Rowe for her splatter and tie-dye periods, but this season’s Ashley Rowe girl is minimal, très chic with a shock of pink. Inducted into the Favourites for her red hair, long legs and minimalist aesthetic. Oh, and not to forget, she’s a whippersnapper!
1. Age, and you’re preferred title?
2. When did you fall in love with fashion? precisely.
Every Christmas my Grandma used to send me the most beautiful dresses from England. From that point on, I’ve been obsessed with Fashion; always saving every penny I could to spend on clothes!
3. When did you know you wanted to make a career out of fashion?
Honestly, I’ve never thought of doing anything else…
4. Ashley Rowe just got picked up by OWEN in NYC, congratulations. As a Canadian designer just breaking into the US market what would you say to emerging designers just starting out?
Be persistent and never give up.
5. What is your favourite part of the creative process?
I love starting a new season, it’s like having a blank canvas.
6. If you were reincarnated and could do anything you wanted, what would it be?
Queen Margherita Pizza
Thompson Hotel Rooftop Bar
Old School Hip Hop night in the basement of Parts & Labour.
13. Place to be?
In the summer – Trinity Bellwoods Park! And the new Trinity Tuck Shop on Walnut Ave.