A great New Year’s kiss is like Bigfoot: It’s rumored to exist, but most of us can’t find proof (except in When Harry Met Sally … and even that looks a little awkward). Those drunken smooches are usually sloppy, forgettable or nonexistent.
If you actually experience a good one this year, count yourself lucky. But when the hangover clears, the question remains—will the dude turn out to be a pumpkin or a peach? Harlan Cohen, the author of Naked Dating, tells you if that New Year’s kiss could mean something more.
1. If the big kiss happens while totally sober (or almost sober).
2. If someone kisses you and only you. (No loose lips at the New Year’s party.)
3. If you still want to kiss the same person at 12:00pm on January 1st.
4. If you wanted to kiss the same person the previous New Year’s Eve, but never had the chance.
5. If it’s not awkward seeing him at work in on January 2nd.
6. If your New Year’s kiss is a celebration of your first New Year’s kiss 50 years ago.
For more advice, pre-order Naked Dating at www.HelpMeHarlan.com and follow on Twitter @HarlanCohen