Last night, we hosted our third annual Women in Music party in LA. The event, which celebrates both women in the music industry and ELLE’s May issue (dedicated to those same women), is a heady mix of fashion, music, food and fans. Here’s what happened.
1. If you didn’t know the name Melody Thornton 24 hours ago, you do now. The former Pussycat Doll was whatever’s less than scantily clad: her gold mesh dress left nothing to the imagination.
2. Jessie J gave what one observer called a “ridiculous” performance (in the best way!). At one point she brought a man who claimed to be her biggest fan on stage and let him dance around for the whole song. During “Price Tag” she ripped her earrings off and threw them across the stage, acting her way through a stellar set of songs.
3. While not eating, dancing or listening to live music, guests had the chance to design their own Mustangs. Since Ford sponsored the party they set up their new touchscreen customizer and let everyone play car designer for a night.
4. The evening’s host, VH1′s Janell Snowden, snapped this awesome picture of our EIC Robbie Myers, who opened the evening with a 3D video showing off ELLE’s May issue.
5. Elie Goulding and Oh Land each played five songs, while DJ Daisy O’Dell spun between each act.